Bat CupcakeFrom Woman’s Day
Plain cupcakes take flight once decorated with blue frosting and sprinkles, dark chocolate wings and sugar-spun eyes and fangs.Recipe courtesy of Mark Ferri
Serves: 12 Total Time: 1 hr Prep Time: 1 hr
- 12 baked and cooled cupcakes
- 1 can(s) (16 oz) vanilla frosting
- Wilton royal blue icing color
- Blue Jimmies (sprinkles)
- Wilton jumbo confetti and
- Halloween confetti sprinkles
- 1 tube black decorating frosting
- White fondant
- Wilton dark chocolate candy melts
- Tint the frosting of the bat cupcakes with blue icing color. Then spread the cupcakes with the frosting and sprinkle with blue Jimmies (blue sprinkles). Use jumbo confetti and Halloween confetti sprinkles for eyes if available. Attaching them with a small amount of frosting.
- Pipe on black frosting for the mouth. Pinch fondant with fingers and cut it into 24 triangles for fangs.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Melt some candy melts as package directs and transfer to a ziptop bag with a small hole snipped in one corner. Pipe 24 (4×2-in.) wings and 24 (1/2-in.) eyebrow shapes onto a prepared pan. Refrigerate them for 10 minutes. Pipe the candy melt lines onto wings; refrigerate. Peel the wings and eyebrows off wax paper. Insert the wings and eyebrows into cupcakes as liked. Add the fondant fangs.
- Eat the delicious bat cupcakes 😉